I hate these things and I love these things. Sometimes they make me feel silly, sometimes they make me feel vulnerable and sometimes I just think they’re dumb. Is this really a good use of time? No. Well, maybe…in the sense that they do always take me on a pleasant little walk down memory lane.
Top Three, Songs that take you back to a specific time
- Two Princes
- The Rain King
- Friends in Low Places
Top Three, Childhood Crushes
- Michael J. Fox, or more specifically Alex P. Keaton
- Johnny Depp
- And, basically, every boy in every John Hughes film.
Top Three, Younger You Fashion Horrors
- long johns under cutoff jeans
- jacket with fringe
- my PE uniforms
Top Three, Remember Where You Were
- Challenger explosion
- OJ verdict
Top Three, Sports
- I love the Olympics, and particularly learning the stories of Olympians from all around the world.
- I no longer plan meal time and bed time and family life around sports, and the tone in my house is no longer determined by some team of people losing or winning.
- To televised sports, I say: Bye Felicia.
Top Three, Books that changed my thinking
- The Great House of God by Max Lucado
- Open Heart by Elie Wiesel
- Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
Top Three, Music go-tos
- Michael Jackson
- Elton John
- Dave Matthews Band
Top Three, Movies you’ll stop on and watch even though it’s with commercials
- Dirty Dancing
- Smokey and the Bandit
- 27 Dresses
- Sixteen Candles
Yes, I know that’s four, and there are probably fourteen others.
Top Three, Go-To Late Night Snack
- spoonful of creamy peanut butter (and I sometimes double dip)
- cold Hershey bar
Top Three, Sensory Comfort
- smell of goodies baking
- feel of thick fuzzy socks on cold Saturdays at home
- sound of my children laughing